Thousands of lift truck-related accidents, injuries, and fatalities occur on job sites every year. That’s why it is crucial that every operator is well-trained in the basics of operation, theory, and forklift safety. This online forklift operator training course covers the basics of forklift components, inspection procedures, and safe operation.
Course Duration: Approximately 2 hours (120 minutes).
A full list of topics covered in this course include:
• The importance of reducing risk to people, products, and property.
• Lift truck fundamentals including major components and their functions.
• The principles of balance, stability, and capacity.
• The importance of frequent and consistent pre-operation inspections.
• Forklift safety topics including how to safely enter, exit, and operate a lift truck.
• How to operate a lift truck around pedestrians and other work site personnel.
• Lift truck parking guidelines.
• Safe methods for picking up, transporting, and deploying loads.
• Procedures for surviving incidents and accidents.
• Safe procedures for fueling a gas or diesel lift truck.
• Safe procedures for replacing a liquid petroleum tank.
• Proper and safe methods for changing, charging, and maintaining industrial batteries (adding water, etc.).
Testing throughout this online forklift operator training course is intended to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% or higher must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course 2 times if this mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Supplemental materials for this course can be accessed online for further study.
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be made available to download and print. PLEASE NOTE: This certificate is not a forklift license. A separate forklift practical assessment must be completed to obtain an operator license. This course exists to provide knowledge and theory for the assessment.
This course was written to comply with the requirements for theory training as outlined in:
Our online training courses offer a wide variety of benefits to clients regardless of their schedule, application, and needs. These benefits include:
Accessibility – Most courses in our online catalog have been optimized to be completed from any device! Whether you’re working on a phone, tablet, or computer, the course will function the same. This allows you to complete your training on the go or while in the office. We also have courses available in multiple languages (English, French, and Spanish), allowing you to learn in the language you’re most comfortable with.
Consistency – Whether you’re taking a course for the first time or brushing up on your knowledge, you can be confident that the information presented will be the same every time. A major benefit to our online courses is that there is no room for human error while teaching. This means that you can be confident our online lessons are laying out every fact the same way, every single time.