When it comes to general safety training, you want a course that effectively outlines hazards, proper procedures, and avoidance techniques. That’s why we offer an OSHA-compliant, I-CAB recognized general training course. OSHA 10 is only required in 7 states (CT, MA, MO, NY, NV, RI, WV). That’s why we have created an equivalent for the remaining 43.
This OSHA 10 Equivalent course is compliant with all current industry standards. This ensures that the user is properly informed of potential health and safety hazards that are common on most work sites. Workers in healthcare, factory operations, warehousing, manufacturing, storage, and other industries will find this information beneficial. Contact our team today for more information on our OSHA-compliant safety training!
Course Duration: Approximately 10 hours.
Course Topics: Topics covered in this OSHA safety training course include:
• Walking Working Surfaces:- Slip, trip, and fall hazard recognition and protection.
- Ladder, scaffold, and other work surface safety.
- Weather conditions and external forces.
• Fire Prevention:
Protection systems, fire extinguishers, emergency egress, fire prevention plan, emergency action plan, and hazard communication plans.
• Electrical Hazards/ Arc Flash:Dangers, recognition, mitigation, specific PPE, lock out tag out, controls, operations.
• PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
- Using and choosing proper PPE.
- Hard hats, respirators, gloves, boots, eye protection, Etc.
• HazCom (Hazard Communication):
- GHS, DOT, SDS, NFPA, and HCS.
- Reading and understanding labels and signage.
- Storage, handling, clean up, exposure, disposal, Etc.
• Machine Guarding:
Dangers of unguarded equipment, types of guarding, operations.
• Fall Protection:
- Requirements, inspections, types of fall protection, proper use, storage.
- Application in aerial lifts, roofing, confined space, bucket trucks, Etc.
• Bloodborne Pathogens:
Transmission, control plan, complications, types, precautions, post-exposure, PPE.
Testing is conducted throughout this OSHA-compliant safety training to reinforce the knowledge presented. A score of at least 80% must be obtained to pass the course. A total of 3 attempts are given to achieve a passing score. Printable resources have been made available to supplement the information given. The course manual is also a valuable source of information for retention and future use.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a paper wallet card will be made available for print.
Accuracy & Consistency – When you’re taking a general safety course, you want to know that the information presented is up to date and accurate. At Lonestar Forklift, every course in our catalogue has been designed in accordance with all modern safety standards. Our OSHA safety training course in particular has been created to comply with all OSHA standards. This ensures that you’re consistently getting the most up to date safety practices, keeping the risk of incidents to a minimum.
Flexibility – Faced with a busy and rigid schedule? Not a problem. Each course in our extensive catalogue has been designed with flexibility in mind. This allows you to start, pause, and resume your course at any time. Each lesson has also been optimized for any device, allowing you to start a course on your computer and resume it on your phone. This ensures that you can complete each course at your own pace and from any location.